Welcome to the VKC Family! We’re so happy you’ve decided to sell with us. We know you’re going to love unloading so much more in just one weekend. And we know you’re going to LOVE that e-transfer just days after the sale instead of coins at the doorstep!
Seller Presale – FALL 2022 SALE – TIME TO BE DETERMINED
Sellers are invited to shop the Victoria Kids Consignment Seller Presale. You will get your free ticket through Eventbrite via a link in a Seller’s email. Please note, entry is limited to the Seller only; no additional guests, including kids.
- Every Seller will earn a minimum of 60% of the selling price of their items at each sale. Volunteer and you can earn as much as 80%.
- A $15 registration fee will be deducted from your sale proceeds e-transfer. If you qualify for the Early Bird rate – $5 will be deducted.
- You must bring a minimum of $50 in inventory; there is no minimum item count.
- The overall maximum number of items per consignor is 200. The maximum number of clothing items per seller is 75.
- There is a minimum price of $2 per item. If a single item won’t bring $2 on its own, consider combining like items for a higher price. Not sure how to price your items? Check out the Pricing Guideline for some help.
- ALL items must be checked for recall notices. You may do so through the manufacturers website or Healthy Canadians.
- Payments will be made within 7 days of the close of the sale via E-Transfer only.
- Click here to see what we accept at Victoria Kids Consignment Sales
- We use an online inventory system for entering items & creating tags. Click ‘Register or Log-In’ from the VKC homepage to connect to The Tagging System. You can find some helpful tips on the Tagging System here.
Preparing Your Items
Presentation is everything, so please make sure you follow these suggestions for preparing your items closely to maximize the number of items accepted and sold. We will be very critical during check-in. This is done so that your items sell.
The following items will be necessary to prepare your items for Check-In:
- Clear tape
- Zippered storage bags
- Hangers – wire is no longer mandatory, but you will want some wire hangers for sets, bundles, bottoms
- Medium & Large safety pins
- 60-67# WHITE Cardstock paper for printing tags (change to landscape)
How to prepare clothing
- Hang all clothing on hangers with the opening of the hook facing left, like a question mark.
- Use safety pins to pin bundles/outfits/bottoms to a hanger. Pants cannot be folded over the bottom of a hanger. See image below. (Do not pin shirts to hangers; this just creates extra work for you and us.)
- Shoes should be kept together with zap straps. This will allow a shopper to try the shoe on while still keeping the pair together. Pin your tag to the shoe.
- Secure skate blades with guards or tape.
- Hang blankets over the bottom of a hanger, using safety pins at both ends to ensure it will not slip off.
- Button all buttons, snap all snaps, zip all zippers!
- Using safety pins, attach tags to the upper right-hand corner of the item OR to the items original tag. (If you think pinning directly on the item will leave a hole, please pin it to the size tag.)
- Once items are properly prepared and tagged, bundle them by size and gender for Check-In.
How to prepare non-clothing items
- Wipe down all toys, books, baby items, etc.
- Secure small parts in zippered storage bags and seal shut with clear packing tape. Tape small parts to the larger part of the item. Make sure to label each parts of a set: ‘1 of 2, 2 of 2,’ etc.
- Group books together in zippered storage bags and seal shut with clear packing tape. Slip a piece of paper inside the storage bag to let a shopper know what titles are inside.
- Tape all games, puzzles, lego sets, etc. closed. These items must contain all their pieces!
- Make sure all battery-operated toys have working batteries. Volunteers will be checking these items at Check-In.
Clothing items should be bundled by gender AND size. Items that require set-up or assembly MUST be done at check-in by the Seller.
Upon arrival for your scheduled check-in time, please complete the following steps:
- Visit the check-IN table right inside the venue bay door. A volunteer here will direct you where to drop your items.
- Drop your clothing items at a drop-off station. A volunteer will begin verifying that your items meet our quality standards.
- Grab a bin of already-inspected non-clothing items to put out on the sales floor. This could be a bin of shoes, toys, books, etc. These will NOT be your own items.
- Assemble your large items – Once approved, assemble furniture, climbing toys, strollers open, playpens set up, etc. in the large items area.
- Visit the check-OUT table. Turn in your signed Seller Agreement and receive any additional information about the sale.
- Return to your drop-off station & collect any ‘No Thank You’ Items. Please do not be offended if we do not accept all of your items; it’s easy to miss a stain or a small tear. And at the end of the day, we know what sells.
That’s it! You can expect to be at check-in for approximately 15-30 minutes, depending on the number of items you have consigned.
Be mindful when picking your check-in time if you have large items that will require additional help/assembly. If the time you need has been taken, please contact us to make other arrangements. We will be able to accommodate you with a new time for large items only.
After Sale Pick-Up
Pick-up is always on the Sunday afternoon of sale weekend. For Fall 2022, the time will be determined once dates are finalized. If you are unable to pick up your items during the allotted time, please make arrangements to have someone else pick them up for you.
Any items not picked up in the allotted time-frame will be donated, no exceptions. An additional $25 fee will be deducted from your proceeds if you do not show up to pick-up AND you have not donated your items.
SORTING TAKES TIME! If you do not plan to return to pick up your items, please tag them as donate!
SPREAD THE WORD about Victoria Kids Consignment! Tell friends and family members about our sales; the greater the attendance, the greater your profits.